LAST UPDATE | May 23, 2018
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information that you will be requested:
- Account registration - When you create an account, we may ask for your contact information, current role experience, skills, role description and information regarding your past, current and future career path, such as triggers.
- Newsletter subscription - Once you are registered within the platform we will send you regular updates depending on the opportunities we identify for you, so will be always able to control these settings by accessing your email subscription settings. We also give you the opportunity to subscribe to our updates, without having to be a registered user, and for that we may ask you for information like email and name, where we can reach out to you. You will be able to cancel the subscription and permanently delete your information from our email list at any point directly from any of these communications.
- Direct communications - If you contact us directly, for enquiries, claims or feedback, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
All the personal information that you are requested to provide will be accompanied by some background information that will clarify the logic and the intention behind it. Mostly all the data that you provide is being used to give you the best experience using our Services - showing you the best opportunities for further development of your career path.
More information that we collect when you use our service:
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. - As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. In addition, when you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL. To collect this information, a cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our Services. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs to record your preferences. We may also automatically collect information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. We may track your use across different websites and services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
More information that we receive from Third Parties:
- Third-Party Accounts - If you choose to link swoppme with a third-party account (e.g. Linkedin), we will receive information about that account, such as authentication token, name, surname, email, and current role information. The data will be used only within our platform and will help us create a better user experience for you. Data received by the Third-Party providers won’t be distributed or used anywhere outside our system, if you do not consent to it.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION?
We use information we collecnt in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate and maintain our Services;
- Improve and expand our Services;
- Personalize the experience according to your data to give you the most accurate results in our Services;
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services;
- Develop new products, services, features and functionality;
- Find and prevent fraud;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- With your consent - We may share information with your consent.
You may access other third-party services through the Services, for example by clicking on links to those third-party services from within the Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and we encourage you to carefully review their privacy policies.
We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we offer the use of a secure server for the Site and Services. All PII supplied by you to us via the Services is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and the Site via a similarly secure technology. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
You should be aware that swoppme Clients (e.g Companies) may be able to track and review your use of the platform when you use certain of the swoppme features (i.e., when you apply for a role). This information is disclosed with our Clients in order for the platform to work as expected.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
In order to be able to access all functionalities of swoppme you would need to register your account using your personal data (name, surname, e-mail address) and data connected to your current job. We need this data in order to provide you high level of Services. Data is only being stored and processed within swoppme system and is not being distributed to any third-party.
If you are a registered user, you may access certain information associated with your Account by logging into our Services or emailing us at email@example.com. If you delete/terminate your Account, any data and activity stored on our servers will be permanently removed.
To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes. Your ability to access and correct your information may be temporarily limited where access and correction could: inhibit swoppme’s ability to comply with a legal obligation; inhibit swoppme’s ability to investigate, make or defend legal claims; result in disclosure of personal information about a third party; or result in breach of a contract or disclosure of trade secrets or other proprietary business information belonging to Swopp.me or a third party.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. You can access it by contacting us at email@example.com or by finding the requested privacy features inside the platform. You have the right to opt-out of communications (e-mails) we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the emails we send you. If registered, you can opt-out any time by adjusting your email notification settings. You can always opt-out of other forms of communication, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to delete all the data associated with your account at any given moment. None of the data will stay stored in our databases and will be deleted permanently.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You will be able to access the website without registering, thereby some of the features will be be limited.
You may unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. If you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions found at the end of the email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER